This year we are organizing the fourth “PathArt” photography contest, which has been organized since 2017 and consists of microscopic histopathological images that have gained a great impact in both national and international pathology world and have become a tradition. We are inviting everyone to participate in the contest and waiting for your photographs which will all be exhibited during the 30th Turkish National Pathology Congress where the winners will be awarded.
To perceive aesthetic, artistic and intellectual dimension from functional dimension of diagnostic histopathological images and to reveal science-art relation through histopathologic images.
II. PathArt Photo Contest Participation Conditions
- Participation in the contest is free.
- The contest is for all amateur and professionalphotographers.
- The basis of the work must be based on the principle that the photographs picked and interpretedfrommicroscopicphotographsbelongingtothefieldofpathologycarryingthe aesthetic and artisticreflections.
- Any technical and artistic interpretation can be performed in the photos with the condition of histopathological appearence being able to be seen. However, interferences that change the nature of the photo areunacceptable.
- The photos should be color digital and in JPG format, have a minimum of 72-300 dpi resolution and 2 MB filesize.
- The images from professional microscope cameras or mobile phone cameras will be accepted.
- Photos that do not have sufficient resolution for display and printing will not be taken intoevaluation.
- Every contestant can participate with a maximum of 3 photos.
- The photos should not have any information regarding the contestant’s name, logo, etc. onthem. note should be attached to the photograph explaining where the photo was taken from (which tissue or cytological sample) the staining and the magnification.
- The contestant acknowledges, declares and undertakes that the participating photographs are all theirown.
- The deadline is 15 August 2020.
- The photographs should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in one e-mail in digital format.
IV. Jury Members and Evaluation
- The photos will be evaluated and rated by the “PathArt” jury that was created by the Turkish Federation of Pathology Societies.
- The photographs participating in the contest will be published by the jury on social media platforms without the photographer’s name and the national and international liking status will be determined and the results will be taken into consideration during the award evaluation before the final jury decisions.
- The photographs participating in the contest can not be shared on platforms such as social media by the participant and submitted for evaluation.
- The awards will be given out to first three photographs. The selected photos will be placed on the cover page of an issue of “Turkish Journal of Pathology” and on the web page of the Federation with the names of the winners.
- The exhibition of the awarded artwork will firstly take part in our national congress in a specific time period reserved for “PathArt”. The awards will be given out during the congress.
- The contestant agrees that the publishing copyright of the artwork along with the owner is transferred to the Turkish Federation of Pathology Societies after participation.
- Jury members: Dr. Alp Usubütün, Dr. Eylül Gün, Dr. Hatice Ölger Uzuner, Dr. İlkay Çınar, Dr. Pembe Oltulu, Dr. Sultan Çalışkan, Dr. Şirin Küçük, Dr. Umut Aykutlu, Dr. Ümit Çobanoğlu.
With the PathArt Photo contest, the participant interprets their functional histopathological slides in terms of photographic art. The routine related to pathology is abstracted through art from challenging working conditions and develops creativity and awareness. It contributes to recognition and recognition of the pathologist and pathology as an occupation at the social level.
Dr. Pembe OLTULU
Messenger / Facebook: Pembe Oltulu