6th International "PathArt" Photomicrography Contest
This year we are organizing the 6th "PathArt" photography contest, which has been organized since 2017 and consists of microscopic histopathological images that have gained a great impact in both national and international pathology world and have become a tradition. We are inviting everyone to participate in the contest and waiting for your beautiful artwork.
To perceive aesthetic, artistic, and intellectual dimensions from the functional dimension of diagnostic histopathological images, and to reveal science-art relations through histopathological images.
PathArt Photo Contest Participation Rules
- Participation is free.
- The contest is for all amateur and professional photographers.
- The basis of the work must be based on the principle that the photographs picked and interpreted from microscopic photographs belonging to the field of pathology carrying aesthetic and artistic reflections.
- Any technical and artistic interpretation may be performed in the photos with the condition of histopathological appearance being able to be seen. However, interferences that change the nature of the photo are unacceptable.
- The photos should be color digital and in JPG format, have a minimum of 72-300 dpi resolution, and 2 MB file size.
- The images from professional microscope cameras or mobile phone cameras will be accepted.
- Photos that do not have sufficient resolution for display and printing will not be taken into evaluation.
- Each contestant can participate with a maximum of 3 photos.
- The photos should not have any information regarding the contestant’s name, logo, etc. on them.
- The photos should be labeled with a nickname and number (i.e. Mary-1, Mary-2).
- A short note should be attached to the photograph explaining where the photo was taken from (which tissue or cytological sample), the staining, and the magnification.
- Members of ‘The PathArt Jury’ and their first-degree relatives cannot participate in the contest.
- The contestant acknowledges and declares that the participating photographs are their own work.
- The contestants who try to make an artwork seem like it is theirs even though it belongs to someone else or who perform intervention and amendment to mislead the evaluation board on the photos they send to the contest will be excluded from the contest.
- By submitting their work to the contest, the contestant agrees that the copyright of the artwork is transferred to the Turkish Federation of Pathology Societies.
- The deadline is November 27, 2022.
- The photographs (up to 3) should be sent to email@example.com.
- The photos will be evaluated and rated by the “PathArt” jury that was selected by the Federation of Turkish Pathology Societies.
- Submitted photographs will be posted by the board on social media platforms without the contestants’ names, and the like status (feedback on social media) will be taken into consideration during the evaluation by the jury members, prior to the final decisions.
- The final 5 photographs selected by the jury will be put up for online voting on 27 December 2022 and the 3 winners will be determined by the votes of the participants during the webinar that will be organized by the Federation of Turkish Pathology Societies.
- Submitted photographs cannot be shared on any platforms during evaluation, and cannot be submitted to any other contests. Three photographs with the highest ratings will be awarded a certificate. Also, the selected photos will be published on the cover page of an upcoming issue of the “Turkish Journal of Pathology” and will be posted on the webpage of the Federation with the names of the winners.
With the PathArt Photo contest, the participant interprets their functional histopathological slides in terms of photographic art. The routine related to pathology is abstracted through art from challenging working conditions and develops creativity and awareness. It contributes to the recognition and recognition of the pathologist and pathology as an occupation at the social level.